Thursday, September 21, 2006

On the eve of my 32nd year...


I'm glad to have left 31 behind. This blogging project will have also turned one. I started blogging on my 31st birthday. Let's see, indulge me with a spot of reflection if you will - when I turned 31 I didn't have a job, was living in temporary accommodation, studying strategic HR management and recovering from an emotional meltdown, but I celebrated my birthday with my climbing buddies and a close friend (and her partner) in an Italian restaurant in Newtown, if I recall correctly.

Now approaching my 32nd year, I'm about to be unemployed again but for once in my life I know exactly what I want to do. You have no idea how much I have struggled with not knowing what to do (or may be you do) and to have worked it out, red herrings and all, is a bloody miracle! I think I'm finally getting my 2000-2002 groove back. The recession is over and the boom time is here again.

If someone buys me an egg tart tomorrow to substitute/supplement my birthday cake the happiness index will hit the roof. Bring on Stevie Wonder!

6 comments:

Fuz said...

Happy Birthday Wilda-Chan! May this year see you reach all your goals.. well, the ones you have decided on anyway!

ninjawookie said...

Happy birthday, i'm getting mars to bring you my pressie!

supervisor133 said...

Happy Birthday W!!! Time for new adventures and dreams :)

wai said...

Thank you birthday well-wishers. If only you were all here to share my birthday cakes with me.

usotski said...

Happy Birthday, Wilda. That dinner was a year ago already? Also, Stevie Wonder is the best. THE BEST.

wai said...

usotski: yes. time flies mate, time flies. the real question is has your climbing improved heh?
I KNOW!