Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ICBC

I lodged my application to buy a stake in the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China's biggest lender, and in what will become the biggest IPO in the world. However, I'm not guaranteed an allotment because it's done buy lottery. What I do know is if I get my 1000 shares I can expect the value to increase at least 25% in a week. Why didn't I blog about this earlier you ask? I'm sorry I didn't know you wanted to make money just by filling in a form and writing a cheque. I did have to line up at the bank for 20 minutes to get my cheque endorsed if that makes you feel any better. Anyway, I'll know on Tuesday whether I get my shares.

1 comment:

supervisor133 said...

25% increase or not. Waiting in line at the bank is not worth any amount of money. I'm gonna stay poor and dreamy rather than rich and speculative.