There was a tear in my eye when the Huss batted a four and we were just one run short of victory. Yeah, that's how much I love this sport and what an awesome match. To come back from a declared 6 for 551.
And when some people doubted the Aussie's ability to win (yeah this post is for you Re) and would have settled for a draw or concede a match there were a few who didn't give in. Let this be a lesson. Never doubt or go against your country again!
And when some people doubted the Aussie's ability to win (yeah this post is for you Re) and would have settled for a draw or concede a match there were a few who didn't give in. Let this be a lesson. Never doubt or go against your country again!
Three cheers for Match of the Man Ricky Pointing

Bill Lawry should be bound and gagged!
5 comments:
I thought of you as I ate dinner watching this tonight. You realise they'll probably throw the next test just so the Melbourne one is cool.
So England lost, right? YAAY! I like it when England lose...
I agree, it was great that we won. But I can't stop hating the Australian team for being such a pack of wankers, to the point where I want them to lose. Not Australia; just them. I realise that's a bit tricky, though. Also, as far as Lawry goes, I have bought some duct tape.
133 Being 2-0 is all well and good but you're right, the game gets a bit boring if there is no competition. The WACA pitch is expected to be bouncy bouncy - in layman's term -unpredictable. It's time they played Panesar and Mahmood.
Fuz: Yesterday's match was good because no team in history have declared with a higher first innings score than England’s 551 and lost. I think the Poms are still in shock. I wonder if there has ever been a Scotsman in the English cricket side?
Jadd: HA! We'll be doing the cricket watching community a huge favour.
There might have been, if the rules are the same as football. If you are born in Scotland but your mother, father or even just one of your grandparents was English, you can opt to play for England. Some footballers do, like Michael Owen - he's Welsh but plays for England. I don't think any Scots have lowered their standards though, and besides, cricket ain't that popular.
Anyway, good on the Aussies for beating the English, and all the more so for doing it well! Keep it up!
Post a Comment