Monday, March 19, 2007

my new secondhand tank


This is a poor photograph. It really does look spectacular if you come to my house for a better viewing. I was inspired by the lush green valleys of New Zealand (South Island)

Over the weekend, I was presented with yet another hand-me-down fish because my brother decided he needed to upgrade his tank for a bigger tank. So I went shopping for greenery, sand and invested in aquarium lawn (HK$20 for 15cm! Talk about expensive lawn). This evening I went to "Goldfish Street" in Mong Kok and purchased more inhabitants. Nigel had the tank to himself last night and thoroughly enjoyed his new surrounds but I'm not sure if he has made friends with the other fish yet and it looks like he is still quite the loner. Tomorrow morning I'm going to check for casualties. I worry about the sucker fishes I bought to clean the tank's glass. They've been hiding from the other fish who are half their size.

My father is enjoying watching the fish as well. He's suppose to be watching his Korean historical drama series but gives me a fish report whenever I venture downstairs to check on the fish. "They are so lively!" I don't think he's had any pets apart from his children (when they were youngsters) and his prized orchid. Due to the cold snap the orchid buds have been slow to sprout this year.

3 comments:

ninjawookie said...

i wanted to post in the one before this on H&M, but there was no option available.

if they have the 4 pack multicoloured socks, can you get some for me plz?

Also they did the Stella Mcartney Range in Target over here recently.

It was a storm in storm out. withing 5 minutes the racks were cleared, including the mannequins.

wai said...

Okay, but I'm not going to line up again. You might have to wait until the hype has died down or if/when they open their second store in Kowloon.
How do we really know Madonna/Stella really designed the clothes? They may have just picked the buttons, hooks and zips. Hmmmm.

ninjawookie said...

Madonna probably picked, but i'm sure Stella did hers. That raincoat was puffy as well.

What did you think of Children of men?