After my siesta we drove to near where my sister use to live before she moved to grab some dinner at a place called VIP where I had an ensalada louisiana. It's basically a salad with chunks of chicken. VIP itself is like a newsagency/HMV all in one and has an adjoining family restaurant. I asked how to say "Can I have the bill in Spanish." It came out translated, "Can I have bird shit." Yes, my pronunciation needs improvement. (Grand Via left; Royal Palace right)
Then we did some quick sightseeing of the tourist places like Plaza Mayor (a big sqaure with surronding buildings like the one in Macau but much bigger). There are a lot of cafe around the perimeter of the square. We stopped off for some ice-cream and the bakery. Went to buy some contact lens solution and marmalada from the department store's fine food section. Walked past the church where Prince Felipe and Letizia got married, the Royal Palace, the Senate and the Opera House. It was a quick tour. In Madrid, I noticed there are a lot of ham shops and even a ham museum where there are legs of ham just hanging from the ceiling. I wouldn't mind being surrounded by ham.
Now that's a cone
Spanish word of the day: salida - exit
3 comments:
Just how do you get from "bill" to "bird shit" anyway? Props for using the Spanish, though.
haha, Andrew and I wanted so much to eat at the ham museum, until I told him how much it made me fart.
So nice!
usotski: I have no idea. The words for the bill is "la cuenta". The word for birdshit is "la guano". As you can see my pronunciation is very poor.
wookie: I've been hamming it up but have no expelled gas. However, I am suffering from bloackage after the plane trip so I am dreading when I actually do the BIG dump. Ollie is inspirational in that department. He can dump twice a day.
Post a Comment