I went across the border today and the Chinese immigration have set up a new-fangled customer service gadget that looks like a door bell but with three buttons. On this device, a member of the public can rate their immigration officer on the level of service that was offered and they are:
Perfect, OK and Unsatisfactory. The immigration procedure operates like this-
1. Hand your card over.
2. Immigration officer looks at the card, looks at you.
3. Card is swiped.
4. Card is handed back.
The process is over in less than 30 seconds. Now, should I be rating the IO on how fast he processed my card? Or whether he should have done his job with a smile and thank you. Having mints on the counter wouldn't hurt either. If it was for efficiency, no doubt it was perfecto. But if I had to rate friendly service it was unsatisfactory.
My sister-in-law had to line up in the visitors line as opposed to the residents line (she has to stay in HK for seven years before she can line up with us) and she observed the foreigner in front of her. He waited until his passport was returned before hitting the unsatisfactory button. That was a sly move and I wish I'd thought of it.
Also, I wonder what happens at the end of the month in the China Immigration department. Are you fired or made an example of if you top the list in the number of unsatisfactory buzzes? It would be idea if all companies with counter top services should adopt this rating method. You can let the service person know instantly that you are pissed off with the service they are providing. Although it could also lead to grievous bodily harm and nothing will ever get done.
On the political trail...
I just got my dad to sign an overseas voter's form. Non-Liberal supporters should thank me. He said he'll vote for whoever I vote for to extend support for whichever party I vote for. My dad has probably missed the last five election and it's about time I put his vote to good use.
2 comments:
marmies friend shirly almost talked mars into voting for liberal, even though shirly has no idea what she's talking about and obviously got her opinon from her boyfriend. I got so angry.
Now now we are all entitled to our own political opinion even if we do not agree with what another's opinion may be. Mars was a greens voter even way before I was so I don't think any amount of brainwashing will make her a swing once she makes her mind up.
Post a Comment