
a) marines going off to war
b) the annual Asian mardi gras parade
c) parade of soldiers promoting gay pride
d) Taiwan's national day parade
You would be correct if you answered 'd'. Honestly, how can Taiwanese soldiers be taken seriously by the might and power that is the Chinese army if they are forced to wear hotpants like those on display?
Good help hard to find?
Out of the blue, I received an email from an unnamed person who replaced me as an editor for a previous publication I was working for. She asked if I would be interested in replacing her in her current job as a managing editor for another company (she only lasted one issue of the publication she took over from me). I'd only met this person for a few hours on the last day of the job in which she replaced me for so I must have made an impression on her. To track me down she Googled me and then asked an ex-colleague of mine for my contact details. It turns out she also applied for the job as a research associate for the JMSC, University of Hong Kong as well but didn't get it and that I got. So, it makes me wonder sometimes how intertwined our lives are with random people that cross our paths. I told her that I was happy with my job at the moment and I don't plan on going back to editing. She told me to think it over seemingly unconvinced that I would choose to be a teacher rather than become a manager. For me, it really is not a very hard choice to make.
Anyway, the fact that she thought of me was enough to boost my ego. I always think my first impressions I leave with people are pretty crap because either I come out as shy (hard to believe if you know me well) or too forthright with my opinions, there is just no in between.
3 comments:
I ended up buying Annie Hall and Manhattan. Cheap too!
I think those taiwanese soldiers just wanted to show everybody how buff they were. They're a bit shrewed when it comes to gays it think to realise that they appear totally gay.
I asked a Taiwanese friend and he claimed that the hotpants helped with the element of surprise.
Admit it: your house gets stormed by Gay Patrol, you'd be completely taken aback.
wookie: I'm not sure why people rave about Annie Hall. I saw it for the first time in its entirety last year and didn't think much of it. Woody Allen is annoying as hell and so is Dianne Keaton. Or am I completely missing the the point of the film?
When I look at the photo, I see song and dance. YMCA and In the Navy just pops into my head instantly. They really should be doing some kind of dance routine with those oars don't you think?
Post a Comment