Let me just start by saying that I'm now on the hunt for the CJ7 plush toy that appears at the end of the movie. And yes, you too will be looking for one because of reasons that will be obvious to you when you have viewed this movie.
I saw this movie with my aunt, my mum's friend and my mum. If you add up their combined ages we're looking at over 150 years! My aunt, sitting next to me was giving a running commentary throughout the movie - I definitely do not need to see the DVD with special features now! My mum's friend responded to those commentaries and I had that awful feeling that she thought CJ7 was actually real. Surely, a 50+ person in this day and age can't really believe that a furry creature from outer-space appearing in a movie truly exists. You would have to be aged 7 to think like that! It's true. I really did think E.T. was real but who didn't?
If you thought Shoalin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle were crap movies, don't be put off by Stephen Chow's latest effort. I think he has redeemed himself with Cheung Gong 7 hou. From the opening title, Chow has set up a predictable storyline that is intended to play with your emotions. It's great humour. You catch yourself laughing out aloud at really dumb things and then you find yourself feeling around your bag for tissues to mop up excess moisture that is welling up in your eyes.
I'm not going to give away any of the plot except that the central characters are a father, son (who is actually played by a girl) and a CGI alien. A criticism- the movie had a bit of an abrupt ending. I think CJ7 part 2 must be in the making. ****/5
Sorry
Number of sorries in Rudd's apology to the Stolen Generation = 3
That's three more than Howard! *clap clap*
Boyshit
This is the funniest animation I have seen in a long time. Yes, press the buttons. Enjoy!
I saw this movie with my aunt, my mum's friend and my mum. If you add up their combined ages we're looking at over 150 years! My aunt, sitting next to me was giving a running commentary throughout the movie - I definitely do not need to see the DVD with special features now! My mum's friend responded to those commentaries and I had that awful feeling that she thought CJ7 was actually real. Surely, a 50+ person in this day and age can't really believe that a furry creature from outer-space appearing in a movie truly exists. You would have to be aged 7 to think like that! It's true. I really did think E.T. was real but who didn't?
If you thought Shoalin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle were crap movies, don't be put off by Stephen Chow's latest effort. I think he has redeemed himself with Cheung Gong 7 hou. From the opening title, Chow has set up a predictable storyline that is intended to play with your emotions. It's great humour. You catch yourself laughing out aloud at really dumb things and then you find yourself feeling around your bag for tissues to mop up excess moisture that is welling up in your eyes.
I'm not going to give away any of the plot except that the central characters are a father, son (who is actually played by a girl) and a CGI alien. A criticism- the movie had a bit of an abrupt ending. I think CJ7 part 2 must be in the making. ****/5
Sorry
Number of sorries in Rudd's apology to the Stolen Generation = 3
That's three more than Howard! *clap clap*
Boyshit
This is the funniest animation I have seen in a long time. Yes, press the buttons. Enjoy!
1 comment:
i laughed and cried (heaps, wiped with hands, no tissues). i think the child actresses did a brilliant job (even the bully is actually a girl).
Post a Comment