I caught up with the professor I was working for at HKU this afternoon and also with the director of the JMSC. Ah, the memories of the late nights and moments of insanity came flooding back. Both ladies were happy to see me. And it's always, "So when are you coming back to work for us?" "If you want to teach, we've got teaching positions!" It's a good feeling to know that the door will always be open for you in some places.
Doreen has been really busy since the whole Edison Chen scandal broke. She gave me a copy of the article she wrote for the Far Eastern Economic Review (March 2008) and has even appeared on CNN! How cool is that. So we chatted about the legal ramifications arising of the case and the public's general opinion. I must admit, whenever I'm in Doreen's company I miss the law and everything that is interesting about it. They are holding the next media law conference in Cebu, in the Philippines and apparently the delegates haave been asking about me. Oh geez, it is very tempting but I've been to that side of the greener pastures and once you're there, you don't have time to lie in the grass and hang with the cows.
Anniversary Bunnies
The school celebrated its third anniversary and we had a dinner to celebrate. It was a big meal and this is what I had for dessert. I took both views because their little butt butts (that's what they are called in Singlish) were just sooo cute. Yes, there was some petting before the poor thing was devoured. What? Did you think I wouldn't eat them because they were too cute? After I ate the second one, my colleague said they were breeding in my stomach. I believe so. There will be some running in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment