Sunday, May 18, 2008

HK International Art Fair 2008


Why is it that every time I go to an art exhibition there is always an artist exhibiting a blank canvas calling it art? Give me US$1000 and I'll give you a nice white acrylic painted canvas and I'll throw in some handprints. I walked around the exhibition for a good two and a half hours and selected a few pieces that I would take home with me. Some of the photography should not have been up there. I have taken pictures of piles of rubbish before but I wouldn't print these photos in A3 size and put them in an exhibition where people pay good money to see works of art. There were a few Irving Penn prints for sale, which I would gladly pay top dollars for and some excellent photos by Alison Jackson.






*All photos taken with iphone hence the poor quality. Sorry!

4 comments:

wai said...

What? You didn't know I bought one? I've had it since the beginning of the year. It was bought under undue pressure from our sister.

Anonymous said...

yeah right, like I had to twist your elbow until you turned green...not!

ninjawookie said...

so do you still use your ipod then?

wai said...

Nope. Gartz was going to sell it for me on ebay but she still hasn't gotten around to it yet. Do you want it?