I might have a slight obsession with the weather. Does anyone else have their local weather station on their bookmark bar favourites? I give weather reports to my colleagues before they step out for lunch. I don't mean - take your umbrella. I tell them the temperature and which way the wind is blowing. At the beginning of the week I give people the 5-day outlook. The weather is the first thing I check when I wake up on my iphone. OK! OK! It's not slight. It's not like it's porn!
When the Tyhoon 8 was hoisted last week, I was on the typhoon tracker every hour watching it move closer and closer to Hong Long. Although, everyone had a vested interest because it involved time off work and sleeping in I, on the otherhand, was woken up by the howling of the strong winds at 5am stuck my hand out the window to feel the rain and wind and marvelled at the potential to cause a natural disaster. After deciding that I was insane for getting up so early I went back to bed for a couple of hours.
At 7am, I was up again in front of the computer. My father was up - did you stay up all night? Were you watching the typhoon? At that moment, I felt as though my father really understood me and the crazy little people that live inside my head.
Did you know that June has broken the record for the highest rainfall recorded in the weather history of Hong Kong! Did you want to know? You see what I mean. It was the first thing I read about when I opened today's paper. I wonder if this obsession is due to the fact that I was named after a typhoon?
When the Tyhoon 8 was hoisted last week, I was on the typhoon tracker every hour watching it move closer and closer to Hong Long. Although, everyone had a vested interest because it involved time off work and sleeping in I, on the otherhand, was woken up by the howling of the strong winds at 5am stuck my hand out the window to feel the rain and wind and marvelled at the potential to cause a natural disaster. After deciding that I was insane for getting up so early I went back to bed for a couple of hours.
At 7am, I was up again in front of the computer. My father was up - did you stay up all night? Were you watching the typhoon? At that moment, I felt as though my father really understood me and the crazy little people that live inside my head.
Did you know that June has broken the record for the highest rainfall recorded in the weather history of Hong Kong! Did you want to know? You see what I mean. It was the first thing I read about when I opened today's paper. I wonder if this obsession is due to the fact that I was named after a typhoon?
Typhoon Wilda
A broad surface trough developed into Tropical Storm Wilda on August 9. After drifting to the west-southwest, it turned to the north, where it reached a peak of 120 mph winds on the 12th near Okinawa. Wilda continued northward, and weakened slightly to a 105 mph typhoon before making landfall on western Kyūshū on the 14th. Wilda accelerated to the northeast, and became extratropical on the 15th. The typhoon caused heavy rain, killing 11 people.
For tomorrow's weather visit: World Meteorological Organisation - it's the official one! Also, if yo make igoogle your homepage, you can add the weatherbug widget.
2 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq-qoC5i3u4&eurl=http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37274
MIYAZAKI!
The song is terrible but it already has one of my favourite things in it - JELLYFISH!
Post a Comment