Monday, February 08, 2010

Old Master Q

I've been getting The Standard of late just so I can read the Old Master Q comics that have been translated into English. When I was young my dad use to read them to us (the Chinese captioned ones); we use to buy the comic books on Sundays when we went into Chinatown for yumcha. If you are not familiar with the characters, (from left to right: Mr Chin, Big Potato and Old Master Q). I read this comic even before I started reading Asterix. The strip dates back to the 1960s. I'm currently obsessed with everything circa 1960s from watching three seasons of Mad Men in two weeks. Each season depicts the year that it's set, eg season one is 1961 and it follows the major events of what happened in the US during that time, how people lived set in the background of the world of advertising.

No comments: