Did you know the club sandwich covers all five food groups? I guess that's why I always order it when I order room service. I have arrived in Shanghai and I'm tired and emotional. It's a stinking sticky 36c out there. My flight arrrived at 8.50pm and the taxi queue lasted almost and hour. If the city government is accepting feedback and comments I would suggest that they should create several lines for taxi service rather than have just one line that winds six-fold. It was like lining up for the French pavilion at the Aichi Expo last year. A lot of people in the queue had "And Shanghai wants to be known as a city of the world - I don't think so! -" look on their faces. Whenever I made eye contact with foreigners, they would roll their eyes. That was amusing.
In Beijing this afternoon, I visited a French law firm that has set itself up in the middle of a park! The office is actually in an old Chinese pavilion. How cool is that. Although, they had to send a staff out to rescue me because the taxi driver had just dumped me at the south gate entrance of Ritan Park. I headed north but couldn't find the front foor. I don't think I would have ever found it on my own because the entrance was a little red door like a cubby house door. How very quaint indeed! By the way, this particular law firm is looking for a Chinese French speaking law graduate who also speaks fluent English and also with some legal experience. If you know anyone who fits the description they will appreciate it. They should be looking in Vietnam not China.
I happened to be in the area where all the embassies are set up in Beijing with a soldier on every street corner. There was a lot of electric fencing. The Indian Embassy looks like Tara from Gone with the Wind. What does one need to do to become a diplomat? I can be diplomatic when I'm not hungry. It can't be that hard.
8 comments:
Next time instead of taxi try:
http://www.gluckman.com/Maglev.html
I have a friend who worked for foreign affairs for a while and could have become a diplomat. As I understand it, you need to excel at your tertiary studies, write a publishable paper which supports some aspect of departmental policy, and it helps if daddy was also a diplomat.
Chinese - English - French - Vietnam - these law firms don't ask for much.
Just back from Shikoku and glad you beat the purple monster. Raaar. Nice to see you are still having lots of fun, when I leave Japan I should try to visit you, either en route to Oz or on my way back to Bonny Scotland... have you taught Happy any more tricks? I haven't played Nintendogs for a while but I have two labs, and they love playing together, much more interesting with two! let us know if you win any competitions with Happy!
I have taught Happy "sit" and "down". And I've spent a total of 8 minutes with her. I took her for a walk the other day and attempted to pick up her poo without success but I'm not sure if I get points for an attempt at picking up poo. I want to enter her in a competition after I teach her to fetch. So I'll keep you posted.
Yes! Please do drop by and you're welcome to stay at my place if you don't think it too far. I'll email you details in due course.
Maglev is only available at the Pudong International Airport not at the Hongqiao Airport
Nepotism is the key to any position. It's classic Bushism, Kimism and Leeism.
If you don't pick up poo, the other dog owners get really hacked off with you when you bump into them on walks.... you can pick it up just by tapping it with the stylus but you need to be fast. Just some advice, from dog-owner to dog-owner!
hey get mario kart for the DS!
then when and if i get a DS we can play wifi!
Post a Comment