What I want to know is:
- Did the Maccas staff just stand by and watch while this guy was getting the crap beaten out of him? Highly likely because local people are not the least helpful unless there is money involved.
- Or did they ask the bashers if they wanted McHappy meals to go?
Speaking of locals, I witnessed a Bus Uncle-like incident but this time it involved 'MTR Aunties'. It was peak hour on Friday evening in the subway. We were crammed in like sardines. This woman had the audacity to shove a woman and ask for more space! Words were exchanged (and I shall endeavour to translate what took place from Cantonese to English):
A1 :"Why did you shove me?"
A2 :"I didn't push you. There is no space!"
A1 :"There is no need to push me."
A2 :"I didn't push you. If you want space, why don't you catch a taxi?"
A1: You're "dai B!" (Dai B, literally means B minus, as in the grade B minus and its an insult used in Hong Kong that means stupid.)
A2: You more "dai B!" (At which point I started smirking because if you are more "dai B" then that makes you a C right?)
A1: You're crazy!
A2: You're crazier!
There was a bit more of pushing and shoving and if there had been more room I think there would have been a full on cat fight. The entire MTR carriage was much amused and deathly silent. One of the woman's companion (who I presumed to be the husband) said nothing. It was so crowded I couldn't turn around to capture the moment using my camera phone. Don't you just love A2's retaliations? If there had a been a cat fight I would put my money on A1.
Also, let me ask you this- If you saw a little girl probably around the age of five wearing high heels would you say something to the parent along the lines of - did you know high heel shoes are really bad for posture especially for growing kids? I think it's a bloody disgrace that they even make high heel shoes for kids to begin with. Anyway, by the end of my train ride I decided that it was not my business to interfere, but I think both mother and child are both extremely dai-B!
Re: the hair. The guys at my work like it but the girls don't like it. Now why is that?
13 comments:
First, the bashing. What gets me about this is: (a) apparently they were bashing him for like 5 minutes, and nobody lifted a finger to assist. As you say, so damn typical of this place - people will stand and gawk but just leave you to your bad joss; (b) the victim is a pro-democracy parliamentarian who was protesting the introduction of a GST. What the hell kind of street thug attacks such a person? unless they were in the pay of conservative politicians...
Second, MTR rage. A colleague of mine told me the other day that he threatened to beat the shit out of a rude mainland guy on the MTR who was taking up too much space with his newspaper and wouldn't move. I think it happens every day. I need to learn more insults so I can take part too - dai B is a good start. I will not however start carrying a flick knife like above colleague does.
Third, high heels. You know I completely agree. They are the foot-binding of the modern world and completely evil and useless.
Addendum - the same colleague just came over to my cube and showed me all these photos of him with his guns.
Short man syndrome out of control!
gol b-ko (literally means high B or grade B plus): I know! I was discussing the incident with a colleague of mine today and I posed the question to her? Would you stand by and watch someone getting the crap beaten out of them? She said, No but she would call the police! Yeah and by the time they get there the guy would be dead.
I would at least get a chair and throw it at them. Her response - gee you're brave.
You would want someone to intercept if you were being bashed right? Oh, well I guess!
I'm with you on the whole GST thing and the same thought crossed my mind. The man should be given a medal.
Insults: I know many. Also, watch triad movies.
Re crazy colleague: I didn't know civilians were allowed to carry guns in Hong Kong unless you were an Olympic sharp shooter.
Bystander effect...the more people watching, the less likely anyone is to do anyting...they all figure someone else will do something.
Kids in high-heels, this one makes me angry on a regular basis...i just dont get it!
i'd probably stand and watch depending on how one sided it was- When we're int he valley and there's a street fight it's a real spectacle. Having said that though i'm probably gonna get bashed this year :P
which is why i still want to take up Jeet Kun Do
Jeet kune do rules.
By the way, it's difficult to throw chairs in Maccas; reason being, they are all fixed to the floor. You could try starting a McFoodFight instead.
oh, and re: the guns (yes this is my usual 2-part post) he does have to keep them locked up at the firing range or something ... but that doesn't stop him and his friends taking snaps of themselves looking hardarsed with handguns. he even has this matching NYPD outfit, it's accidentally hilarious (don't laugh or you'll be sorry).
I am going to investigate the fixtures of chairs to the floor tomorrow. And yes, throwing fries is also an option, but I think the McHappy meal toys (plastic Hello Kittys) coupled with the trays would have done the job.
kitty-chan wa supaiki desu yo!
and by the way, i am bucking the trend by being a guy who doesn't like the new hair ... sorry :P
b-ko: thank you for the unsolicited opinion. It matters not to me that you dislike, so there is no need to apologise unless its for being a yellow lump of shit that hangs and too afraid to tell me in person?
As I long as I rike, then that's all that matters :P
did you just say it doesn't matter to you and then proceed to call me a yellow lump of shit all in the same breath? interesting.
fyi i was thinking about it!
next time you solicit opinions i will keep my mouth shut.
Hi
"a yellow lump of shit that hangs" - that is better than "dai B"!
Wilda, I like your hair. Maybe the girls who don't like it are looking from the perspective of: would I get my own hair straightened?
Re the Macca bashing: I would have run screaming for help but wouldn't have tried to fight the 3 guys who were doing the bashing - fear would have been the main factor. I think it was because the guy was a lawyer and takes on "the cases no one else dares to take".
Re the high heels: I also dislike them for young kids because it is a way of trying to sexualising very young girls - gross - like makeup for very young girls. They should just be kids for a while, you know?
b-ko: Was that a supercilious 'interesting' remark followed by information with a sneering exclamation mark, and then a wee tanty because pride has been hurt?
But you can't answer that because I am soliciting an opinion.
Oh well.
jojo: classic Jonbenet Ramsey syndrome
Post a Comment