Thursday, September 14, 2006

Autumn/Winter 2006


What are you going to wear this Autumn/Winter 2006? For the people living in the southern hemisphere what did you wear?

I'm researching some stuff about what's going to be hip this Autumn/Winter and according to Style.com - it's going to be the bubble, anything metallic, big bags, dead animals, layering and napoleonic (meaning military uniforms a la Michael Jackson post his leather zipper jacket hey days).

Do women really want to look like a bubble? More importantly, do men want women to look like a bubble? (see above, this number is from Balenciaga's Autumn 2006 collection) I wonder if this skirt has a built in cushion? It definitely has a "puuf" factor. I would say inspired by 17th century wallpaper or upholstery.

Black opaque stockings are back in ladies. For the gents, if you are still reading I offer you -nothing. I can't tell you what's trendy but if you have a vest, preferably a v-neck one, in your closet then you are way cool.

I'm also researching colours and I've been thinking - who gets to name a colour? Can you invent your own colour have the naming rights to like an astronomer who discovers a star?
I've thought of a few colours I would like to name:
marshmallow white
egg tart yellow
baggy green
cookie monster blue
popped pimple pink

This is quite fun if you are into colours. Red and yellow and pink and green purple and orange an blue... I can see a rainbow, see a rainbow, see a rainbow too!

On a political-fashion accessories note (because I am not entirely an air-head fashionista), there is a new movie coming out called Blood Diamonds, which is about a diamond-producing African nation (namely, Sierra Leone) selling diamonds on the black market and using the money to buy weapons to fund their ongoing civil wars. Next time you think about purchasing a diamond from Tiffany's ask where the diamond came from. I can see celebrities picking up on this cause like the AIDS and breast cancers campaigns by and wearing a diamond on their lapel.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Wei Fong lai la!

Hi Wilda. I miss you.

-stephen

wai said...

Stephen wo lai la! When are you coming back to Asia for a holiday?