A butterfly was pinned against the backyard fly screen by the strong winds this morning. I was observing this phenomenon and decided not to assist it because its bottom right wing was slightly torn and it perhaps it was the safest place for it to be. Better a fly screen than a windscreen!
The winds are still howling outside. I wonder what happens to all butterflies when a typhoon approaches? It reminded me when I was travelling down the river in Manu National Park, in the Amazon basin. When our catamaran docked on the banks of the river at the information centre, we were greeted with with literally a swarm of butterflies fluttering in pairs. They were everywhere and instead of using a net you could just catch one just by cusping you hands together. When you let it go you're left with a palmful of butterfly dust in different colours. It's pretty magical stuff!
I wouldn't mind coming back as a butterfly in my next life. You gorge yourself silly, then you siesta and when you wake up you turn into this gorgeous creature with the ability to fly! What more can you ask for?
2 comments:
don't they only have a life span of like 2 weeks?
That's even better. I'll just keep reincarnating. My lives will revolve around gorging myself and looking beautiful.
Post a Comment