Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mystery person

I don't know why there is so much hoopla about the Thorpey giving up swimming. Give the kid a break. He has probably been swimming for about 20 years and so what if it doesn't get him out of bed anymore. People are entitled to change their minds even after five Olympic records and at the age of 24. It's not like it's mandatory for him to swim for the glory of the country. Although some may think otherwise. But we do have other good swimmers and maybe this is a good chance for them to to be in the spotlight. And just because you are good at something it doesn't mean you should be pigeon-holed into doing it for the rest of your life... well yes, I confess to be a shining example of this many times over.

Onya Thorpey and thanks for the memories.

And no, the mystery person wasn't me, even though I did arrive in the country three weeks ago and don't have a public profile!

No comments: