Friday, December 01, 2006

mole and trees

I swear I don't have a mole inside the Labor Party, but Beazley v Rudd!
Round One: DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

See my blog from yesterday. I do believe I have a little pyschic power. And I'm not known as Lisa Simpson amongst family members for nothing.

Carbon calulator
Been meaning to do this for a while and it's something to think about this Christmas if you are planning to travel to visit friends or relatives. Instead of buying them Christmas gifts, tell them you offset the cost of travelling to see them by making your trip carbon neutral and making a donation of trees on their behalf. See Trees For Life (AUS), Tropical Sierra (US). It's only A$3* for a tree and they will last for generations. My trip to Australia via Singapore from Hong Kong equates to 26 trees. This is what ninjawookie and my mother are getting for Christmas.
*It's ALL tax deductible as well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

W, I have not read your entire blog, but I think you are BNE? so am I for the weekend and am looking at moving home permanently. Would love to catch up. Megs

Anonymous said...

un... you better make up for the smythsen stationery coming you way!

wai said...

Megs! Likewise. I don't have any numbers of yours with me. Will send you an email to your yahoo with my number! YAY!

wai said...

Heehee! I thought about the stationary. Alright, make that 27 trees. You're getting a tree for Christmas too.

Megs: Got your email and number. Am so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! :D

Anonymous said...

StationEry.... gotcha tefl certified! ;-)