Sunday, December 03, 2006

all things gay (apart from the cricket)


I declare the Golden Gaytime ice-cream block of the summer. It was the first time I had one today and now I ask myself why I've never tried one before. Was it because of it's fruity name? I'm not a homophobic at all because I have many friends who bat for the other cricket team.
Brief cricket diversion
Speaking of the cricket (because I have an addiction and I can't help myself) - we have to give the Poms at least one match because it's good for tourism. However, I'm not conceding that we're going to lose this one but it could well be a draw. I also tuned into ABC's radio coverage and realised how much I'd missed Peter Roebuck's commentary. He'd accused Ian Chappell of stealing biscuits from the ABC box because Channel 9's biscuit range is limited due to cost cutting. Ha! Yeah, with Eddie Maguire at the helm now I'm sure there's a bit of that going on but probably not when it comes to the AFL. Currently on the hunt for the Wide World of Sports tune for my phone. If you've never heard it before the tune appears in a short of the Oz fast bowler:

...back to the the gaytime blog
My favourite character from Little Britain is Daffyd Thomas, the only gay in the village of Llandewi Breffi. I think it's more because I have a tendency to lean towards no nonsense straightforward lemonade flavoured icee-poles because of my no frills way of life.
When you're with the Flintstones have a ya ba da ba doo time,a daba doo time,we'll have a gay old time.

4 comments:

supervisor133 said...

Never much of a one for the Golden Gaytime, but I loved Buffalo Bills. Though my favourite ice-cream/icypole for Summer is the red Splice. It combines icypole and ice cream. I ate sooooooooooooo many of these last last year.

wai said...

133: You know the original ice-block of the one you described is the Redskin Split. Do you remember them or were they before your time? I understand Splices have more of a rounded shape whereas the Redskin Split were more rectangular. I use the past tense because I'm not sure if RSs are still available because of political correctness.

supervisor133 said...

Hell yes I remember Redskin Splits. The red Splice is pretty similar. You just know you want to sit on the couch watching cricket and eating a red Splice now.
Btw, have you been back to Sydney yet? If not when? I may have to go there in early Jan, not sure yet.

wai said...

Alright, I'll give the red Splice a go only because I know you have excellent taste in snacks.
RATS! I'm going to Sydney on Sunday to get my stuff and catch up with a few people and back up here on Tuesday evening.