Monday, December 04, 2006

A New Hope - Episode IV



Poor Kim! You can't help feeling sorry for the big feller, with the death of his brother and all on the same day. But he's already had two goes of it and he should have graciously stepped aside rather than go through the ordeal of being ousted again. I wonder how unloved he feels right now after devoting a lifetime to politics and being shoved to the side like brussels sprouts.

I am glad the Labor Party has finally got it right. Peter Hartcher, one of my favourite political commentators, couldn't have said it any better. He is speaking on behalf of all swing voters like myself.

This morning I watched Rudd make his speech on the ABC. This politician is articulate and intelligent like a younger Tony Blair (before he sold out to the dark side of course). Shit! Did I just write the words intelligent and politician in the same sentence! I don't think I've ever done that before.

In case you are wondering how Star Wars came to mind - it was Beazley, Crean, Latham, (Beazley but not counting him again) and now Rudd. I was speaking to one of my mates today and he was bamboozled by my analogy of these latest developments. After explaining, he couldn't decide whether I was a complete nut job or quite profound. I prefer the latter. Feel the force Kev.

Haircut
I needed a haircut today and ended up going to a hair dresser because it was the only one that was booked out until tomorrow. Now I know why.
The girl who cut my hair has a year to go before graduating from hair cutting school. Well, that's reassuring! I don't think she knew what she was doing because she cut a lot of hair from the back but the length remained the same. Maybe last semester she only learnt about using the hair thinning shears? I'm considering getting my hair cut again tomorrow because it's not short enough. It wasn't exactly the concave bob haircut I imagined. I even said to her - Think Posh Spice.

It's never a good sign when after they blow dry your hair they get the scissors out again and start all over again. I mean, shouldn't you have been satisfied with the cut before blow drying? Obviously, the hair cut should have been free seeing as I was an experiment and perhaps she should have paid me for the privilege. I also hate it when hairdressers put stuff in your hair and don't bother asking if you want the stuff in there the first place. We should be given the option of rejecting dammit! Where is the democracy?

Banana Price Watch
Today's banana price is A$9.99/kilo.

2 comments:

Fuz said...

my hairdresser always asks before he puts shit in my hair... she should have done. I'm going red again on Friday, being that Nova is gone... new hair, new life!

wai said...

My best haircut ever is still at the hair salon (it's name escapes me) towards the end of Komagataori - same hair stylist as Michelle.