Sunday, December 24, 2006

What is Christmas?

Explained by Linus and his security blanket:

 



7 comments:

supervisor133 said...

Weird that you bring up Linus, as SL has been feeling very Linusy all day today. You're channeling. Btw, I'm expecting you to come visit us in Sg when I make it there.

wai said...

It's a all about the security blanket. I use to have one when I was a kid and bawl my eyes out whenever I lost it.
Of course I will - my sister in law is Singaporean and she goes back home to visit all the time so I might tag along on one of these occasions.

Anonymous said...

i still have my blue blanket. i wish i can be like linus and carry it everywhere i go, including my office. enough said.

btw, merry x'mas, w-ko! & hope you'll have a happy family reunion! and if you do come to singapore one of these days, i'll be glad to be your unofficial tour guide (tho' give me ample warning -i need to revise singapore history first!)

wai said...

Hope you had a merry one too SL. I have been to Singapore many times before so perhaps a guide to all the best eating spots will suffice and you can weave in all the historical significance about each dish! HA!

I'm also intrigued by how society views politics there. I read this article recently: http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=inDepthNews&storyID=2006-12-19T130057Z_01_SIN111924_RTRUKOC_0_US-SINGAPORE-INEQUALITY.xml&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage3
Any views on this?

Anonymous said...

as long as you dun ask me the make up of each dish, i'm fine. i'll leave the honor to your sis-in-law to do the explaining bit(otherwise, i've to bring along my cuecards and you'll just have listen to what i say at your own peril!). BTW, we have plenty of FRIED food here! =)

Anonymous said...

sorry for the late response. hmmm..if you ask me how our society views politics here, i would say many of us are apolitical(sadly including myself). it is rarely the topic of my conversations with friends (unless it is during/post election). there was a talkshow i watched last year, where a secondary school student didn't even know who our prime minister is. i would describe our govt as a strict, traditional father who has a tight rein over his children, his words are final irregardless what his children have to say. in the end, they just go about doing their business as long as they're working within the boundaries and not defying the orders of their father.

wai said...

Thanks for the belated reponse. The Singaporeans are very much like the average Hong Kong citizen except where taxes are concerned they don't really care what the government do.