Saturday, December 09, 2006

wii out of control

This is actually quite an amusing report. In brief, it's about how the strap of the Wii remote control is breaking from excessive interaction between the user and the device. People are actually breaking into a sweat when playing games using this device. My question is - why not actually go to a bowling alley rather than bowl in virtual reality if you're actually going to use so much force when bowling a ball? For some, I think it still hasn't quite sunken in that it's not real. Does Wii come with bowling shoes? Cause you know that's the best thing about bowling.
Incidentally, the strap is the same one you get with the Nintendo DS Lite. Perhaps they should change the bit of cotton thread to a metal key chain?

2 comments:

Fuz said...

I think there is actually a glove you can get to help you keep your grip... and the thing is, you only need small movements but most gamers are using really large ones... I guess it will take time.

Im pissed, cos Omar has his, but the shop where he reserved mine sold out, despite the reservation, so I don't have one yet. GRRRRRRRRR. But he might have it sorted for when I get back to Scotland.. fingers crossed!

ninjawookie said...

I played at my friends house, my arms still hurt from swinging the bat for baseball to hard, it was like being back at badmington. Also had to stand under the air conditioner when it wasn't my turn.

It might not be real, but it's better than real life! haha.