Thursday, January 11, 2007

hazy shade of winter

My feet are snug. The sheep skin slippers were a last minute purchase of sheer genius as the floors in this house are bloody cold. I bought nothing with my S$60. I couldn't find anything to buy but if they'd sold sheep skin slippers I would have bought another pair for my sister.

I was just reading my previous posts. Man, was I in a foul mood this morning or what? There's nothing like a great cat nap horizontally. I feel sorry for horses.

Casino Royale
Daniel Craig, before he became the double 'O', was spotted in a shower scene with Lara Croft not all that long ago. I'm beginning to think with the amount of dripping wet Bond exposure and lack of car chase scenes the scriptwriter must be gay. However, there is still plenty of eye candy for the male audience. How can you not like a girl with a cool name like Vesper? The comedy is less corny than previous attempts at it. Finally, a Bond who spills blood. I like the fact that this new incarnation can actually take a few beatings, not to mention torture where it would hurt the most. My only criticism is that it was a tad long for an action movie. Bring plenty of popcorn.
My friend Todge, who I went to see it with says he missed Q's gadgetry.


And... it's good to be back in Hong Kong. Let the new and exciting times begin!

5 comments:

ninjawookie said...

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm?f=39&g=cf274e06-bae7-4674-a9c9-32b9c9956ca7&p=ausport_ausportnews&t=s29&mediaid=30199

something that will come back to haunt brett lee

wai said...

You're way behind on this one kiddo!
See my post on comments: http://catsbumface.blogspot.com/2007/01/its-just-all-very-sad.html

wai said...

Crap! The tune is stuck on my head again.

Anonymous said...

hi wilda,
thanks for the review!!! i've never watched any bond movies in my life. im under this impression from the trailers i've seen over the years that they're gender-biased and i dun really fancy the idea that james bond sleeps with as many women as he wants and the ladies seems to always die off eventually. mayb things have changed since michelle yeoh became the bond girl.

wai said...

SL: I've never taken the initiative to go see a Bond film. It's always been at the suggestion of a male friend. The idea of a well-dressed guy who can kill at his pleasure using the most up to date gadgets with beautiful women falling at his feet hasn't changed much. All that has changed is the way the idea has been executed. So, if Bond is not really your cup of tea then I would give it a miss.
Michelle Yeoh rocks!