There is a Zurich-based New 7 Wonders campaign. The following places (not in any particular order) get my vote:
- Machu Picchu (I've hiked there via the Inca Trail and it's very impressive. The masonry can withstand earthquakes.)
- The Pyramids of Egypt (I want to go there and I like the fact that they could have been built by aliens.)
- Kiyomizu Temple (Not a single nail was used and how on earth did they lug those beams up on the hillside?)
- Great Wall of China (Who care if it's not visible from the moon. So many people died building it. The grout is actually made from a sticky rice mixture.)
- The Kremlin (I like the domes.)
- Angkor (The water conduits/plumbing is amazing. A place I want to visit.)
- Roman Colosseum (Asterix connections and I've always loved Ancient Roman History - probably from my primary school days of learning Italian and playing the part of Octavius Augustus Caesar when we did Shakespeare's Julius Ceasar in Year 10)
No comments:
Post a Comment