Saturday, February 03, 2007

Pig



Meet Pig. I got him from McDonald's last year. No, I didn't buy a happy meal. I just bought an apple pie and paid extra money for him. He is currently hanging on the door of our computer room. Seeing as 2007 is the year of the Pig and pigs are suppose to bring me goodluck, according to my mother who keeps buying me pig-related products eg. calendars filled with pigs and a pig-shaped crystal, I might as well blog on a pig and follow her advice.

Speaking of the snouted ungulate, this evening my father cooked dinner naming his dish "Chef Fong's smoked pig's knuckles fast noodle". Due to his delicate condition he decided that two minute noodles would be appropriate for dinner. It was quick to cook and more importantly quick to devour and therefore less sitting on his butt butt is required. I tell you what, the man thinks of everything. It was delicious-yum and the meal was over in 15 minutes.

To prepare: all you need to buy is a smoked pig's knuckle from the supermarket (I suggest the ham section of your supermaket), thinly slice it, throw it into the soup-base then toss in the noodles. It is suggested that the knuckle slices be fried first for extra flavour before tossing into the soup base.

My niece was all dressed in pink today. She reminded me of fat little piglet. I called her a pork chop. She passed wind on me, not once but twice. The little swine!

Handmade
Etsy is a website that sells handmade stuff. So there is a venue where I can sell my stained glass creations and possibly homemade skirts and bags.

4 comments:

Fuz said...

I am year of the pig! Does that make me lucky? いのしし rock!

w-ko said...

You are! I forgot how youthful fuzchan is. It makes you very lucky indeed and it also explains why I get along with you so well!

Fuz said...

hey, you want book recommendations? well, in the last month I read and loved:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini which is about a young boy in Afghanistan pre-Taliban, and his relationship with his father and his servant/best friend.

Also, Maps for Lost Lovers by Nadeem Aslam was awesome. Very interesting; a foreign community abroad and living by their own laws, ultimately. Strongly recommend it.

The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. This was recommended to me by my flatmate at the same time as my best friend had it recommended to her by about 5 people. Its extremely good, and un-put-down-able, if thats a word.

If you like politically motivated novels, try Let it Be Morning by Sayed Kashua about an Isreali Arab moving back to his home village from the city and what happens when the Isreali's surround the village cutting off all power and links to the outside world.

Lastly, looking through the bookcases last night I saw The Crimson Petal and the White, by Michael Faber, that I read about 2 years ago but was so good I am going to re-read it soon. It evolves around a prostitute and her rise in the late 19th Century.

Hope that gives you some food for thought!

wai said...

I'm going to look into Maps for Lost Lovers and The Crimson Petal and the White - light reading.
My plate is quite full now after starting work but a bit of recreational reading will be nice just before bed.
I wonder if I will ever find a job that won't require me to read copious amounts of stuff? At least now I'm reading about media law which will be a little more interesting than Chinese legislation and articles about Chinese legislation.