Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shipped goods

My personal belongings are here! It was a four-month wait and they finally delivered my stuff from the port of Brisbane to the port of Hong Kong. I can't believe I actually have a bookshelf again! It's already beginning to feel a bit like Christmas. I'm sure when I go through my stuff it'll be like a time capsule. It would be all the stuff that I packed up and forgotten about since before I left for Japan. They lost a couple of the little knobby things, which is quite annoying for my shelves. Nothing that a trip to IKEA can't fix.

I'm gonna start unpacking my books and long lost photo albums. It will probably take up my entire weekend because I'll get diverted and probably start reading my Asterix collection, play with my toys (my niece is going to love my Dr Seuss jack-in-the-box) and look at a bit of nostalgia. Some things I'll still keep in boxes. Then there's all my gifts from my Japanese students that I refrained from opening when I got back from Japan. Oh and my crafted goods as well.

By the way, if you ever have to move your goods internationally, I recommend OSS International Removals. They are tops! I didn't buy insurance, my goods were delivered and manhandled without any hitches and the local people were pleasant and very efficient.

5 comments:

supervisor133 said...

Thanks, W! Looks like I'm going to be needing that removalist.
Enjoy your weekend playing with toys!

Fuz said...

Were they expensive? Can I get them from here? I will have to do research...

wai said...

Here is their website:
http://www.ozremovals.com.au/

Sorry Fuz, I think from OZ only!

Fuz said...

woe is me.... all the companies I can find are sooo expensive. tis a hard life...

wai said...

My shipment was 120 sqaure feet and it cost AU$1200 (GBP500). If you do "grouping", which means partly using one container it will be cheaper, but you will have to wait until the rest of the container is full before your stuff gets shipped. If you can wait, it works out to be cheaper.