My newly acquired DS game is called Brain Age. I figured it will do my prefrontal cortex some good if I introduced numbers into my life again. My brain has not dealt with numbers since the horrors of financial accounting two years ago. It really still hasn't really recovered from the trauma of calculus in my senior years at high school.
According to this game, I currently have the brain of a 61 year old. The aim of the game is to strive for the brain of a 20 year old. I don't think Dr. Ryuta Kawashima thought this one through. I knew bugger all when I was in my 20's. My first Sudoku took me over 60 minutes and now I'm addicted. I've just completed one just over 11 mins. I've worked out it's faster working from the centre and going out. This is perhaps the most nerdiest thing I've done in the last four months.
I'm also reacquainting myself with multiplication tables at lightning speed. It's part of the Brain Age test. Why am I doing this? Everything seems to be in slow motion after the Conference and I feel like I'm not using my brain as much as I would like.
My favourite is the picture drawing exercise. I'm usually pretty spot on down to which way the thing you have to draw is facing. Draw me a picture of a chain saw. GO!
At lunchtime, I went out to buy a set of steak knives. My brother has been coming over to cook steak for dinner (because he doesn't want the beefy smell lingering in his house and figured he'll make my abode smell of beef instead). He seriously needs to buy a place with a big balcony with enough room for a BBQ. Every time steak is served I keep reminding myself to buy steak knives because it's really annoying to eat steak with butter knives. No wonder they are so appealing when they give away a set of steak knives with purchase of a home gym or vacuum bags.
Spanish phrase of the day - 11 more days!
mi cerebro es pequeña.
3 comments:
free sudoku for you
http://websudoku.com/
W-ko, I am working until the 7th of July, have driving test on the 9th and leave on the 17th. Should you be fitting in a visit to me (which I hope you are) then can you do from the 10th or thereabouts? And are you willing to eat haggis and black pudding?
fuz: I'll try my best to make it there around July 10. I've eaten haggis before (in Dunedin, NZ where there is a large Scottish community) and would like to try black pudding.
Post a Comment