Thursday, July 26, 2007

Barcelona here I come...

Well, not for another three weeks. I have bought my train ticket and booked my accommodation to leave on 13 August for three days. I'm going to be staying at Hostal Mare Nostrum which is right on La Rambla, the main thoroughfare from the port to the where the action is.

My Top 5 places to see in Barcelona

1. La Sagrada Familia
2. Park Güell
3. Museu Picasso
4. Casa Batlló
5. La Pedrera

It's a very Gaudi itinerary. Not sure about the food yet. I need to do more research but from the looks of things it's all about sauces, seafood and trotters in Barcelona. Who wants a fridge magnet or a postcard from Barcelona? Let me know now because that's all you're getting.

2 comments:

Max Hubris said...

Ooooo! That sounds like a great trip. Years ago, my stepson went to Barcelona to compete in--of all things--an international marching band competition. He absolutely loved it. He said the people were the most friendly folks he has ever encountered, and that every meal was a feast. That boy was pretty finicky and not easily impressed, so it must be the place to go.

wai said...

Marching bands are tops! Especially white tubas. I'm looking forward to solo exploration.