Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tapas

Plaza Mayor

A new friend of mine, Hannah (left) whom I met whilst doing my stint at the University of Hong Kong arrived in Madrid so I caught up with her for a drink and then for tapas. The Plaza Mayor looks different at night and was buzzing with tourists and old people who had their siesta. I should have taken a siesta today, not that I'm old but to blend in more with the locals. Hannah was in Bulgaria when she told me she was coming to Madrid but then flew back to Hong Kong and then came back to Spain. How crazy is that! The good news is she's going to meet me in Barcelona from Valencia. Hooray! I'll have someone to take a photo of me when I do my star jump in front of the Sagrada Familia. After tapas, we came across the ham museum and walked through it. It was full of people surrounded by ham, smelling ham and eating ham. I must remember to have a meal there before I go. Hannah was also impressed by the ham. I mean, when you see wall-to- wall legs of ham, who wouldn't be?

Anyway, the topic of conversation of the evening was what we were going to do with ourselves after our holiday is over. I think I'll be prepping my CV in the coming weeks and sifting through the classifieds to see what is on offer. If anyone knows of a job that pays well and has nice long holiday please advice. I really don't know what I'm looking for but I'm open to the idea of doing something new or something I've done before but perhaps not law-related. There was also talk of settling down, procreation, adoption, buying a dog or a cat, the lack of suiters in our current abode and men in Buenos Aires - you know, the usual run of the mill topics single, well-educated and travelled women in their early 30's like to discuss. So, about those hams...

Blog renovation

Yes, I've renovated, re-wallpapered and moved some furniture around the blog. It's the first day of August and I thought it was time for a fresh look. Let me know if the font is too small and I'll make some more adjustments. The print is a Marrimekko fabric print that has been photoshopped. I was going for the retro look. Circles are aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and so are Argentinian men!


No comments: