My blog and I celebrated another birthday today (or should I say yesterday). Yep, I made it through another year with all 10 digits and 10 toes intact. It's really the thing I worry about most. I really admire elderly people who have made it though over 70-80 years without losing a limb. Let's face it, we live in a dangrous world full of nuclear and terrorist threats not to mention getting bitten by mozzies, which may result death.
I'm sorry to see the last 12 months behind me. There were ups and downs but mainly ups. I'm also very fortunate for having a great family and circle of friends who always make my birthdays memorable. I'm sure if I put together all the vitual pieces of cake I received on Facebook I would end up with a vitual cake. I haven't even been at work for two weeks and the guys at work also surprised me with cake on Friday evening. How nice!
My sister got me two pairs of Camper shoes and my brother and HL got me a Wii. Am I spoilt rotten or a much beloved sibling? I'm feeling the latter. Vomit Extraordinaire also practiced and made this speech before my chocolate mud cake cutting ritual:
We also had a BBQ and it took my brother and I an hour to light up the beast. We've been out of practice and even resorted to kerosene. That was before we read the instructions on the charcoal bag saying that kerosene should not be used. Let's just say we built a fire in the BBQ that hobos would be proud of on a cold winter's night. When we finally got it going, there's nothing better than sausages sizzling on a grill.
Blog writing wise, here's to another year of trials and tribulations, travels and great food. I'm getting a good vibe that the next 12 months is going to be even better than the last. And this is the part where I thank my readers for your continual readership.
8 comments:
that beats marilyn's rendition to mr president, hands down! gartz
献上迟来的祝福 : 生日快乐,笑口常开,身体健康,青春永驻!
Gartz: He needs to work on his hip hip hoorays.
SL: Thanks for the really nice message. I can pick out the main Chinese characters so I kind of know what you've said.
sorry, it completely slipped my mind that hongkongers use traditional characters and i suppose sentences are written in cantonese style (??).
Hong Kong does use traditional Chinese character and they read Chinese just like they do on the mainland. Cantonese is actually a dialect and does not take any written form. Strange isn't it.
Also, I can only read some of your message only because I'm inadequate. It has got nothing to do you with your perfectly written Chinese.
hmm....i thought they write as they would say it in cantonese (from what i observe from watching hk drama serials and friends singing cantonese songs in ktv lounge).
This may sound a bit confusing.
On TV show subtitles/karaoke they usually use standard written Chinese, which is essentially Mandarin Chinese. Although people can understand and read it, it's too formal to be used in everyday conversation.
That's why learning to read Chinese is difficult for me because what I hear on TV does not correlate to what's been subtitled in Chinese unless I was watching the news.
To a mandarin speaker, what they read and speak are exactly the same.
Happy Birthday Wilda!
Did you hear about Nova, sounds like they might go bust?
Cheers
JoJo
Post a Comment