It's been ages since I've purchased a picture book. The last one I bought was Shaun Tan's The Red Tree.
I picked this up having read an interview given by the author/illustrator b.wing (not the fighter from Star Wars) in HK Mag earlier this year. If you like watercolours and can associate with phrases like: "could you bring me the smell of chocolate with strawberry on the side?",
"I've decided to be a better person... well, not today, a few days later" and
"I wish I were a mushroom when people are looking at me"
- then this is the book for you.
Also, if someone could drain the dark from midnight and get me all the stars - then I shall be perfectly happy!
w-ko-isms (this is why I'm a nutjob to some and 'interesting' to others)
Can my people deal with your people?
Why do cut flowers have to die?
Did I just really say that out aloud or was it the voice in my head?
I wouldn't wear those shoes.
Am I really listening to what you are saying or am I just watching your mouth move.
If only humans had tails.
This isn't really happening to me I'm living in a dream and I'm only awake when I'm asleep.
3 comments:
have you seen picture books by jimmy liao? 2 of his books have been made into movies. the 1st one which i personally like is "turn left, turn right" starring Takeshi Kaneshiro and Gigi Leung. and the 2nd movie, "sounds of color" was directed by wong kar wai, featuring tony leung and miriam yeung.
No I haven't but it sounds interesting. I'll have to google and find them. Thanks! :)
You had me at B-Wing.
Post a Comment