Saturday, November 17, 2007

Full-timer

I'll be working full-time again starting on Monday. This month, I started out as a part-timer. By the middle of the month I was made a permanent part-timer and a round of Krispy Kreme doughnuts were purchased to celebrate the occasion. I lasted in this position for an entire week before they realised I was teaching more hours than the law has prescribed for part-timers. There will be a white chocolate cheesecake bought to celebrate my joining of the centre again for the third time. I'll be footing the bill of course but somehow, I'm feeling slightly ripped-off!

Also, the plan is to work 40 hours in 4 days so I'll be getting a long-weekend off every week. A ten hour working day doesn't seem so bad. I've worked way longer hours than that in previous jobs without getting an extra day off. In theory it all sounds good but I'll wait and see if it works out in practice.

No comments: