Tuesday, March 18, 2008

DL


Look to your left. Does this man look like he is capable of "directing and orchestrating riots"? He's a Nobel peace prize winner for fug's sake! The man prays six hours a day and then probably spends the rest of the day rescuing ants from the garden path in between writing self-help books for westerners who are clueless about living a life of happiness despite having every comfort in life one could ever hope for.

I am more than pissed off about the unsubstantiated accusations being hurled at towards the DL by the Chinese Prime Minister. Wen said China had ample evidence that supporters of the DL were behind the riots but of course when asked to provide this evidence he couldn't say. Was the answer 'just because'?

The DL is suppose to also be the mastermind behind the 'appalling' violence in Lhasa last week. The violence included ransacking of property, arson and the official figure of 13 deaths. How does this equate with opening fire on thousands of your own civilians who were peacefully demonstrating back in '89?

Now if Beijing really wants some credibility you think they would at least acknowledge the Buddhist's stance on non-violent protesting. So now, the DL has threatened to resign from his post if the violence escalates and has even offered his home to be investigated for any evidence of involvement in organising the riots. Meanwhile, the Chinese are doing everything they can to kick foreign correspondents out of Tibet for fear of exacerbating its poor self-image (thanks to Speilberg's exit as art director for the opening ceremony over Darfur) just before the Olympics. Honestly, I don't know where this fear arises from because if they stepped out of their shoes for a millisecond they can see that the world views them as a bunch of self-righteous-arrogant-hypocritical wankers (for lack of a better word) whose country has the potential for strong economic growth and cheap labour.

When the DL says, in response to his condemnation, "Violence is against human nature, we should not develop anti-Chinese feelings. We must live together side by side." There is really nothing left to say because as always he speaks of forgiveness and compassion and you can't argue with that.

And on that note, I humbly withdraw my wanker comment but I am still pissed off.

6 comments:

ninjawookie said...

I'm pretty angry about this as well, too bad nobody has the guts to boycott the Olympics. I said to my friend, if they didn't boycott for Hitler, they're most certainly not going to boycott for Tibet either.

Just imagine after 2047, this blog could be blacklisted after the 50 years no change expires. Now thats a scary thought.

I thought there was waaay more than 13 deaths?

ninjawookie said...

Actually, your blog probably is blocked in china already.

I wonder if you could call someone to check.

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/mar2008/gb20080317_321446.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_global+business

wai said...

If only my blog was worth blocking.

Jojo said...

Hi Wilda

good on you for speaking out! I heard France might boycott the opening ceremony but why don't they boycott the whole Games?

So shameful that no-one boycotted for Hitler.

Maybe there could be a new version of the black power glove, but for Tibet.

Anonymous said...

I´ve just arrived here through ur facebook profile! Really cool posts.. Ill keep coming back!

U can check if ur blog is blocked in Mainland China in this website:
www.greatfirewallofchina.org

Oh and u might want to check this vid out.. interesting perspective on Tibet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTm0xrG-v4

wai said...

Joao: Thanks! So whatever Vincent told you about me, I guess this confirms it's all true! ;)

Thanks for the links.