
Another day, another typhoon 8 hoisted. It's the third time this year but talk about poor timing. Why couldn't Nuri have arrive on an early Monday morning? I went walk-abouts this morning on Lamma Island and it was about 7. All the shops were closed apart from the vegetable lady and a couple of ma and pa convenience stores. I was hoping to retrieve my laundry back from the laudromat - my clothes are being held captive at the 'Bubbles' laudromat as we speak. As I wandered through the Main St, I passed by many locals who were buying buns, newspapers and milk.
The conversations among the locals went a little soemthing like this:
Man: What are you crazy? Don't even think about opening shop. Go home and go back to sleep!
Woman: Has it hit?
Man: Yes, it's hit!
Woman: Well, this would be the last ferry to catch. There will be no more after this one.
Indeed I am stuck on the island at least for the next 24 hours. I have no tv channels that I can watch apart from HBO, therefore I have no up to the minute news apart from the internet. The typhoon is suppose to be directly hitting Hong Kong and they may even raise the signal 10, which I have never experienced. I will be braving the elements in the hope of capturing the surroundings when it is being battered by strong winds.
No comments:
Post a Comment