Monday, April 27, 2009

Rain

I was looking for some old photos of my grand-aunt and The V suggested I look at my blog. Oh yeah, I forgot that I had one. I didn't find many photos of my grand-aunt but I did read a few entries I'd written. I am amazed about how verbose I use to be. How did I come up with so much crap to write about?

What have I been doing? Taking a shitload of photos and putting them up on flickr. Looking at the statistics has become addictive, depressing, competitive and occasionally proud. I have a pro flickr account and I'm shamefully putting my flickr link in forums and giving it to my students in the hope they will boost my viewing stats. Geez, did I just hyperlink my blog to the flickr page?

I've also been living the Lamma life and hiking a lot on weekends and perhaps even taking the same photos of the same things and people every weekend. Somehow I still manage to capture something different depending on the weather conditions. This video was inspired boredom and was filmed from my front door. It's been a bit like this recently. I was tempted to make part 2 yesterday. I think I have my writer's head screwed back on. Watch this space.

2 comments:

sl said...

wb, W! it's been a long break. so, did you enjoy "departures"?

wai said...

I know. Thanks for your patience.
Depatures was a nice story and it made the job of "encoffining" somehow appealing. Like most Japanese rituals it's an artform. I would've edited the about 30 mins out of the movie. Those scenes were most for the "lay-dees". I mean who plays a cello out in the field?