Thursday, May 07, 2009

Piggy banks

The idea of owning a piggy bank came up in my lesson with one of my banker students today. Do people still collect coins in pigs and fill them up with coins and take it to the bank to be deposited? Furthermore, will the bank still accept pigs as legal tender? I'm going to buy a piggy bank tomorrow and fill it up with 20 and 10 cent coins over a period of time and then take the pig to make a deposit at HSBC. I'll let you know what happens.

Bed Art by The V

People would pay good money to see what you are about to see.
Can you spot the blankets?



4 comments:

Fuz said...

One wonders just how much time he spends thinking about how to make the bed each day.

We have a piggy bank - well, Hiro does and I think he got it when he was about 5. It still gets used and taken to the bank every now and again!

wai said...

He says he comes up with it about five minutes before I walk through the door.

Hiro's pig - it'll be an heirloom.

Anonymous said...

Looks like cleaning up...that's what I usually do to clean under the bed. Did he clean the bed?

wai said...

No. There is no cleaning being creative. Cleaning is on Sunday. His job is sweeping.