Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coming home


The house was filled with light and music. The music consisted of an assortment of Bob Dylan, The Beatles, jazz, the blues and newly discovered music that was always tasteful and appropriate for the time of the evening.

Upon drawing the blinds, greetings were exchanged. A nod of acknowledgment or a peck on the cheek or forehead was given despite complaints about a cold nose. A citysuper grocery of goodies would be handed over to be unpacked. Sometimes polystyrene bowls of take away would be placed on the table. The shoes came off followed by a watch. The bag was hung on a door knob.

Conversation of the day's news, politics and events took place on the couch. Photographs and new discoveries were ready tabbed and shown. The precursor to the night's entertainment was over. Dinner was on the stove the beverages are ready. Let the comedy begin!

Quiet time was spent in front of respective laptops to digest more news, flickr statistics, Lamma happenings, facebook and emails until a friendly reminder to wash off the the day and ferry smell was offered. Smelling fresh, it was time for tea.

Another day was almost over but not before another snack took place. Teeth were brushed. The endless search for a misplaced timepiece. The lights went out. Kisses. Goodbye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me teary :(

Fuz said...

Hey Wilda-chan, this was sad but in a nice way, if that makes sense. I liked the image right up until the goodbye.

jiyana said...

I always think you should write a book

wai said...

I was trying to describe to you what we did when I came home but I think this is a better description.