My father asked me if I had swine flu or just the common household variety when I spoke with him this afternoon. I said I both. Actually, he sounded like he had the flu. Hong Kong has only one reported case and the hyperchondriacs are freaking out and they're the ones with the face masks on. Although, I'm surprised there aren't more people on the streets with face masks on but the Japanese nationals can now be easily spotted. So much for past experience. The government has raised the alert level to its highest level of emergency, I'm just waiting for the two-week break from work when they close all the schools.
Bun Festival 2009
The V and I attended the annual Cheung Chau Bun Festival for photographic purposes and I also managed to buy a few more bun souvenirs. No cushions this year, but I got a stress bun, some keyrings and a couple of bun coin purses. When it was time to leave the V suggested a sampan water taxi because the lines fo the ferry fast and slow was about a kilometre long (I kid you not). After some price negotations we were ferried home on our very own sampan back to our island's pier. I made a mini movie of our ride home. It took 55 minutes island pier to pier. Our captain drove in style - with his foot on the rudder.
No comments:
Post a Comment