If I have not declared this publicly to the world, let me do it now - I ♡ the internet.
I left my phone at work and when this happens all hell breaks loose because, for starters, I don't accessorise my wrist with a watch and rely on my phone for the ferry times and the actual time. Second, I also use my phone as my wake up call and if I don't have it, I can't wake up, if I can't wake up I'll be late for work and if I'm late for work, I'll be in BIG trouble in little China.
When I came home this evening I was frantically googling to see if PCCW (local telephone company) had a wake up call service because I vaguely remember Australia's Telstra did from reading the phone book. I use to like reading the first section of the phone book. It had all sorts of information in there ranging from world maps, weather information, a list of past Australian Prime Ministers, the British Royal family tree and post codes. I digress and I inadvertently exposed my previous nerdy tendencies. Of course, I'm way cool now and phone books don't really exist anymore.
Now where was I?
Oh yes, I googled and the only wake up services I could find were based in the UK for people with hangovers. I also found a hack for Skype to schedule a call to the landline but this was only available for Windows and the instructions were really long and I just couldn't be bothered.
And then it occurred to me that they must have alarm clocks for computers because they have everything else for them. I googled and lo and behold - Alarm Clock ver. 2.4.5. I have installed and tested. It even has a snooze button. I have also set "You Wanna be Startin Something" to wake me up tomorrow morning. I have authorised my mac alarm to wake my computer up from sleep mode so that it can wake me up from my sleep mode. Ingenious right?
1 comment:
ingenious and expensive if you wack the snooze.... still me.
Post a Comment