Friday, March 23, 2007

mac mini



I've jumped over to the light side and I got one! Isn't it beautiful? I know it's a square box but it's so white and glossy! It's got 80 gigs of space! It's the most memory space I've ever owned in my life. Not even my brain has 80 gigs! The package also came with a free apple wireless keyboard and mouse! BARGAIN! My brother-in-law, Dr Higgs (as he is known) suggested I purchase a mac mini to plug into a second TV that we recently acquired for the dining room. My father is the TV hog in the lounge room, so we finally got a second TV. MM It has it's own DVD and DVD burner (so I can moonlight as a pirate) and will have wireless internet access.

I've never used a Mac (apart from a brief period when I only used them for burning CDs when I was working as a legal editor) before, so I figure this will be quite interesting. It boasts of a lot of intuitive feature. Although, I don't think I have an intuitive bone in my body apart from getting a vibe as to whether the milk is off from sticking my nose in the carton and oft times, even that is off- literally!

The guy at the shop couldn't even find the menu to prove to me that there really is 80gigs and had to get back-up assistance.

Fish
I've had two casualties in the tank. My father came home this evening and said, "Do you know you're missing some fish?" I said, "Yeah. Two have died. I wonder why?"
Dad: "The happy ones have adapted to the water and the sad ones died."
My dad's philosophy on fish will be documented.

Hotels
The Prof. and I went to inspect hotels this afternoon. We are booking 60 rooms in all and the sales people at the hotel were so nice and lavished us with small tokens of appreciation for visiting. We received four pieces of cheesecake from one hotel and a leather stationary thingy and photo frame from another. We should have visited more hotels that were of the five-star variety.

6 comments:

ninjawookie said...

so. what does this apple do exactly. is it funny or something?

did you guys finish season 3>

supervisor133 said...

I'm soooooooooooooooooo jealous! I only used a Mac for the first time last year on teaching rounds and maaaaaaaaaaan are they good. Yes, very intuitive. Just don't be scared to bang away in the first three weeks coz they're pretty hard to break. In case you don't get them in HK, check out the Mac vs PC ads on Youtube, they're great!
Me want a Mac now... :(

Your dad is interesting. What other things does he have to say? Is he like a walking talking fortune cookie?

Fuz said...

ah, I don't know about Macs... but then Omar is a Dell engineer so should mine break its really not a problem, whahaha. Wish I could have been with you at cheesecacke hotel though...

wai said...

ninjawookie: it's a CPU with dvd burner/dvd player and is microsoft compatible! I'm gearing up for the iphone!

wai said...

133: I went to IKEA to buy a small tv unit, assembled and was ready to start the engine only to find there is no VGA cable. The guy at the computer shop said I didn't need a VGA cable! BS!
Now I have to wait another day.My brother and sister-in-law came over and were salivating over the MM, keyboard and mouse. They're going to see how mine goes and are considering getting one. Always the copycats!
My father has plenty to say but unfortunately it's not all fortune cookie material.

wai said...

Wookie: They only watched the first two episode of season 2. Meanwhile, I'm almost done with season 3 and could be finished with it tonight.