Sunday, May 27, 2007

stinking hot

How did summer creep up on me like that? It's stinking hot - we're talking 31-32 C and about 85-95 percent humidity. Yesterday, I grabbed a nice breakfast of French crepe, mushrooms, tomato and cheese, sunnyside up on the side and a huge cup of coffee at North Point at this place called Tea & Herb on Shell Street. It's this rather quaint looking French-style cafe with robin's egg blue doors that does the second best Saturday morning breakfast in Hong Kong. After breakfast I headed to the beach in Stanley for an afternoon siesta.

I usually never fall asleep on the beach because the sand is too lumpy and I didn't have a proper pillow. I guess I am still really tired and run down from the last four weeks. After every meal I feel like a nap. Last night my brother's family came over for dinner - I made a nice baby spinach salad, mash potatoes, green beans and corn soup to go with the beef and salmon steaks. Next time I'm cooking the salmon steak. My sister-in-law complained it was too buttery and under-cooked. I'm also going to grill a couple of pieces of mackeral that I introduced my dad to a couple of nights ago for dinner. It was my fish of choice when I live in Japan.

Speaking of fish, this afternoon, I'm heading to Mong Kok again to buy my poor neglected fish some new plants. I'm surprised they are still alive. I think they lived in hope that their owner will come home and feed them. I have no idea what they've been living off in the last week. They do look a bit pale and thin. If I can't find someone to fish sit them while I'm away in Spain, I might have to bag them and bring them with me.

By the way, My Blueberry Nights opened the Cannes Film Festival. For the Wong Kar Wai fans out there, here's a press conference held by the cast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard rumours that the new Wong Kar Wai film was not up to previous standards; sort of a sweetened, gooey mess. Fingers crossed on that one. Jadd

PS: Really, the uniforms don't matter. Just send girls, ok?

ninjawookie said...

whens it coming out in honkers?

wai said...

Not sure dude. Probably after I've left for Madrid.