I am an English teacher once more. I went to my interview today at 3pm and an hour and a half later they hired me on the spot. Talk about the swiftest job acquired ever. They didn't even want to call my referee for a reference and relied solely on the interview and what I gave them in my CV! How about that. How do they know that I didn't make anything up on my CV. I should have claimed that I have a PhD in moon rocks. I'll be working part-time at least for the rest of this month and then they will slowly increase my hours. It's a nice way to ease back into full time employment. I'll be working for Elite English Language Centre.
It was the nicest interview I've had the pleasure of partaking in. The chatting was mostly about my holiday. I'll be working with two fellow Aussies and it's a such a nice change not having to explain why I'm not in the law business. It's a small but growing school. I start work on Wednesday. It would have been tomorrow but the student had gone away for business. First lesson is just social chit chat with a group of intermediate students. We'll see how it goes. I'm a bit rusty on the self introduction. No doubt we'll be playing 20 questions.
5 comments:
Congrats! That's fantastic news. Welcome back to the grind ;)
Thanks 133! No doubt I'll be turning to you if I'm stuck on something. They are up for ideas in terms of curriculum and activities including literary classes. I'll make the students read War and Peace the unabridged version while I read the Brodie's notes version and ask them to fill me in.
It's also good to be back in this part of the world where everything is understood. Plus I headed straight for the bakery.
congrats w-ko! that was a quick one...so when do you start?
SL: Thanks! I start tomorrow night. I'm very excited.
looking forward to your classroom stories.
Post a Comment