For Eva fans out there I'm sure you're aware of the 20th anniversary of the animated series and new releases. On the official Evangelion site they are flogging the new rebuild versions released this month and next year. On yourtube, there's even trailers of the live action film but if you delve further you'll find that officially there isn't a live action film. The youtube trailer is made up of different bits from other movies and it has cast Elijah Wood as Shinji and Emma Watson as Asuka. However, I think the angels are actually authentic with the help of CGI technology. Personally, I think if Shinji is not Japanese, it's just wrong. The movie is still in it's pre-productions stages and there is a blog dedicated to it.
His Dark Materials
Did anyone else cry when they finished reading The Amber Spyglass? The tears shed was about the same amount as for Watership Down. I know there's still Lyra's Oxford but I was happy with the conclusion so I'm not going any further. Pan, a marten? An animal from the big cat family would have been more suitable I would have thought. Next on my list is Mother Tongue: The English Language by Bill Bryson.
5 comments:
I didn't cry at the end. But I did feel a little sad when the guy did his last stand and was gunned down. Good books, eh?
And the Bill Bryson book is good for language nerds everywhere. Have you read Made In America?
Indeed, great books! And thanks for supporting the recommendation.
No, I haven't but I read a review of it on Amazon and it also sounds like a good read. I'll have to get thee to a bookshop tomorrow. There's nothing worse than having no reading material. I'm flicking through a 1925 copy of Gulliver's Travels I picked up at Shakespeare & Co whilst in Paris, but it's just not doing it for me. I need fresh words.
I cried. Sooo much!
I bought a copy of paradise lost, but it's too heavy for reading over uni.
So hopefully not too much is going to be lost in the translation to film, and something will be gained.
But I'll have to try and treat them both as separate things.
Apparently Phillip Pullman's first choice for Lee Scoresby was Samuel L Jackson! Sam Elliot looks really great anyway
Seriously, Samuel L. Jackson? Go for the best cooler in the business every time, I say.
Post a Comment