I want to kick myself for not being able to watch Gilchrist's farewell match. He really was brilliant to watch on the field and when holding a bat. I don't think I could've written a more moving tribute than Peter Roebuck who actually writes and commentates on cricket for a living. Who are they going to replace Gilly with to keep the stumps for Australia?
I celebrated Australia Day by buying lamingtons to take to work and going to an American chain restaurant for dinner! Perhaps I should have stuck to my plan of the Korean BBQ - at least there is a BBQ in there somewhere.
Still snotty and phlegmy. I feel as if I yelled at all my students today because my ears were blocked. Oh well, most of them were under 15 and perhaps they need to be yelled at. Adolescent students are very hard to teach. I don't think I was that obnoxious in my youth. My adult student, however, thinks I speak as clear as a bell and that I don't sound Australian at all! I will not take that as a compliment because it is Australia Day afterall.
3 comments:
Hi Wilda
it was a bit of an anti climax - the amtch was a draw and stumps was declared early by agreement with the two captains because there was no way either side could win.
Gilly got a standing ovation and so did Sachin Tendulkar because it will be his last match in Adelaide. He got a great score too, somewhere above 120.
I think we will have a tough time replacing Gilly; he's a decent human being a swell, unlike some other Aussie cricketers. At least Kerrie and Richie are still commentating!
I know! Who can we trust to keep our wickets for us? Ah, Richie! I just miss the guy.
No race riots this year!
wooo!
Post a Comment